Saturday 18 November 2017

Aircraft Gazing

"I see three at the horizon"
"No, there is a fourth one right there at the back, look."
"I am not wearing my glasses"
"Of course"

The cool wind touched our faces softly as we looked out at the inky

black sky, dotted with the lights of aircrafts. I took a deep breath in, I could smell the cigarette smoke in the air, I despised it, but the thought of how the crushed tobacco scent was a signature smell associated to my father occurred to me and I let it slide.

"Have you been writing lately?"
"A little. What about you?"
"I had a dream the other night, it was an entire skit of sorts but it faded away by the time I could pen it down."
"What was it about?"
"I have no idea, but it was crazy."

An airplane passed over our building and our heads moved in synchronisation to follow it as it disappeared in the distance, then I looked at him, expectantly, he smiled and told me which one it was and all the features that made it special. I nodded and looked ahead, trying to spot the next one before him.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete